A new beginning in schools

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.
kim willis

A new beginning in schools

Post by kim willis »

I came home thinking of the new year and our schools would be starting on the 18th so I went to the middle school where I was involved with the "High On Life Event". I spoke to the principle and counselor who asked me to come in and address this Old Game of checkers to kids. I spoke to them about me coming into the school and teaching checkers. They were happy to say yes. So this means the 2nd week of school starting I will be going to the school for signups and speak to the students.

Now I have to say my hands will be really full threwout the year. It seems now I will have 3 schools to go teach. Now I will be going to businesses to see if i can raise enough money to supply all 3 schools.

This was my mission after seeing suki teaching in Barbadoes. Now its finally coming together.

Kim
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

Re: A new beginning in schools

Post by Alan Millhone »

Hello Kim:

Your post is very positive and I am proud of you getting a school checker program off the ground in your area .

An ample supply of equipment is your next hurdle . I know you have worked on this project for several years.

Congratulations !!

Sincerely:
Alan Millhone, President
American Checker Federation
kim willis

Post by kim willis »

yes alan thats the hurdle get enough equipment. i figured that if i can save $1000.00 then i would have enough to supply them all. but that means i will have to work twice as hard. Becuase of no corporate sponsorship. But also the town will be doing a banner of me and i will be set right next to Christian Cantwells billboard thats a great achievement in itself.

kim

ps just no nickie shoes or visa like he has :(

kim
kim willis

Post by kim willis »

plus if this goes well I will try to make a bid here in missouri for the next 3move Nationals. I want my kids to be able to come to this event and get on hands playing crossboard with all of you, Never know i might have a few students that could give a run for the money, What do u all think>

kim
Danny_Alvarez
What do you like about checkers?: I enjoy learning more and more as i go. despite its alleged simplicity the game is incredibly complex and rewarding.

Post by Danny_Alvarez »

kim willis wrote:yes alan thats the hurdle get enough equipment. i figured that if i can save $1000.00 then i would have enough to supply them all. but that means i will have to work twice as hard. Becuase of no corporate sponsorship. But also the town will be doing a banner of me and i will be set right next to Christian Cantwells billboard thats a great achievement in itself.

kim

ps just no nickie shoes or visa like he has :(

kim
Kim for someone as determined as you, a thousand dollars is easily done.
kim willis wrote:plus if this goes well I will try to make a bid here in missouri for the next 3move Nationals. I want my kids to be able to come to this event and get on hands playing crossboard with all of you, Never know i might have a few students that could give a run for the money, What do u all think>

kim
Good luck with that I do hope you get the bid.
Cheers
Danny

]
kim willis wrote:plus if this goes well I will try to make a bid here in missouri for the next 3move Nationals. I want my kids to be able to come to this event and get on hands playing crossboard with all of you, Never know i might have a few students that could give a run for the money, What do u all think>

kim
Amateur Checkerist, Professional Lover of the Game
Danny_Alvarez
What do you like about checkers?: I enjoy learning more and more as i go. despite its alleged simplicity the game is incredibly complex and rewarding.

Post by Danny_Alvarez »

Sorry I can't use the quote function properly from my phone.
Amateur Checkerist, Professional Lover of the Game