Vacant ACF Tresurer position

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

Vacant ACF Tresurer position

Post by Alan Millhone »

Hello ACF Members:

This vacancy will not be quickly filled. I feel some discussion needs to take place among ACF Executive Committee and others and no quick decisions made in this matter. Input will be gathered and evaluated first.

Private comments back to me solicited and appreciated.

Sincerely:
Alan Millhone, President
American Checker federation
Jason Solan
Site Admin

Re: Vacant ACF Tresurer position

Post by Jason Solan »

What would checkers be without a bit of drama? This post is not meant to defend or offend anyone, it's just a statement of my personal opinion on what started out as a good thing for the ACF.

Anyway, I'd like to thank John Acker for the effort he put into the Treasurer position. John did a lot of work to help better organize the ACF and provide information to it's constituents. I hope the next treasurer continues to be open and provide updated financial reports on a regular basis.
Alex_Moiseyev
What do you like about checkers?: .....

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

Eric, your post and question were deleted but I can answer you here.

I don't plan to run for ACF Treasure (or any other) position. I wanted to do this in the beginning of 2013 year, when this position was vacant and badly needed to be fill out. Today, after John fine cleanup work, things are much better and no needs for emergency.

In addition - I am practical player and always will be on another side of barricade with any govern body including ACF or WCDF. People need me to protect them and I can do this only if I can criticize things. But if I become a member of team - there is corporate ethic here which don't allow me for any serious critics.

Losing John as ACF Treasure and ACF Exec Committee member is a great loss and damage for ACF ... agonia.

Regards,

Alex
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

Today John Acker brought to my house two boxes with all documents from ACF Treasury office which I'll take to Medina earlier on Saturday morning and pass it to Alan Millhone. John said that for the time now he plans to concentrate on his doctoral dissertation (defense will be in the beginning of 2014) and then looking for a full time professor job in college. I wish him good luck and want to thanks for everything he had done for checkers and ACF in the past decade.

It will be hard to replace him immediately :roll:

Regards,

AM
Michael Holmes

Post by Michael Holmes »

Discussions to replace john after much deliberation and consideration are developing. Perhaps a key or checklist of things not to do should be provided to the next appointed/elected? person.
Alex_Moiseyev

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

Michael Holmes wrote:Perhaps a key or checklist of things not to do should be provided to the next appointed/elected? person.
The only thing ACF Treasury have to follow - ACF Constitution. This is elected position and Treasury only reports to voters: players who elected him / her.

Socially talking - ACF Treasure shouldn't do the same things as other ACF Exec Committee members: create un-working, unfriendly, non-professional atmosphere.
Travis Weddle
Site Admin
What do you like about checkers?: I love that the concept of checkers is so simple, yet the games have a complex beauty that comes alive during play.

Post by Travis Weddle »

Alex_Moiseyev wrote: Socially talking - ACF Treasure shouldn't do the same things as other ACF Exec Committee members: create un-working, unfriendly, non-professional atmosphere.
True words, Alex. The ACF needs a group of people who are willing to work together (and work through their differences)
Michael Holmes

Post by Michael Holmes »

I can confirm that I did not call anyone any names. I did not wrongfully accuse someone of terrible actions that I know they did not commit. I can also confirm that I sent a personal email to the former secretary asking why he was saying things about me that were not true and to please stop. The fact is that the wrongful accusations got worse. If anyone feels I have done something wrong please feel free to discuss.
Michael
George Hay
What do you like about checkers?: Checkers is a game of pure logic.

Post by George Hay »

Michael Holmes wrote: If anyone feels I have done something wrong please feel free to discuss.
Michael, I have nothing to discuss. We need your leadership and example in the ACF.
Thank you for serving as the ACF Players Rep.

--George Hay
Alex_Moiseyev

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

John was an excellent ACF Treasury officer and team player. It is a great loss for ACF missing him ... hopefully temporarily. We have to do everything we can to get him back.

BTW. it seems like his account was cancelled on this forum ... Very Interesting and fun is growing :D

Regards,

Alex