2011 ACF Blitz and National Info

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.
Danny_Alvarez
What do you like about checkers?: I enjoy learning more and more as i go. despite its alleged simplicity the game is incredibly complex and rewarding.

Re: 2011 ACF Blitz and National Info

Post by Danny_Alvarez »

Alex_Moiseyev wrote:
tommyc wrote:Dont tell me NONE of the young guns made it to the Blitz
This is result of International efforts and conspiracy. When I tried to encourage ACF to pay and share expanses for some of those players, my initiave was blocked by several people on this forum who didn't want to spend any ACF penny.

They spoke and argued very pathetically and worried about ACF membership money and were successful: none penny was spent and noone showup. Their fight was successful.

All these fellows must be very proud of this.
I was all for the ACF helping these people out .... unfortunately since then i have come to realize that the ACF could pay them flights, 5 star hotels, limo transfers and they still wouldn't show up....
as i was told by many of these... characters.... their skills are just so phenomenal that why bother travelling if they already know they can beat the world champion any time...
if you don't remember look up the threads... i argued vehemently to create that fund to help them...
since then i now know i was wrong... and i support Wayne's point of view.

cheers
Danny 'yes, i am wrong, ocassionally' Alvarez :lol:
Amateur Checkerist, Professional Lover of the Game
George Hay
What do you like about checkers?: Checkers is a game of pure logic.

Post by George Hay »

Congratulations to Ron King and all participants of this historic first 2011 ACF Blitz Tournament!
jeff webster
What do you like about checkers?: a great game

Post by jeff webster »

The old okie is spot on with this one, I know Dr. Webster has been coming to tournaments since the 1950's and he's never told me of anyone paying his way.
tommyc

Post by tommyc »

I too was in favor but now i wouldnt give "em a shilling".Im with Gober. These guys have no back-bone........theyr just a waste of space,allota hot air and no action.Living in a [KURNIK]bubble distorts real life i guess.NUFF SAID.
Always read "Cannings Compilation 2nd Edition" every day.
Chexhero
What do you like about checkers?: It is a game of beauty when played at a high level.

Post by Chexhero »

Ray already beat John Acker easily in real life, nothing to prove here.
Hmmm..well how bout he tries doing the same thing to Jack Francis, Ron King, Webster, Beckwith, or Morrison. That would prove even more if you ask me. I will leave Alex out of it. :)
Danny_Alvarez
What do you like about checkers?: I enjoy learning more and more as i go. despite its alleged simplicity the game is incredibly complex and rewarding.

Post by Danny_Alvarez »

Chee Xiong wrote:Any top 20 Kurnik player would easily rank above John if they were there lol.
Most of the guys here talking are 1100-1300 level in kurnik, Gober is 1500. Irma is 1100, danny is 1100 and couldn't compete so he just post in ACF forum now. Why waste time and money..
Maybe next year Fredo will come and kick some butts.
Those are your favourite phrases all rolled up into one, mister trash-talker Chee... or should that be crap-talker.... because frankly that is all you do... spout crap all day long.

1) as i have mentioned before, i am not concerned about your opinion of my playing ability and my rating is over 1300 obviously to grandmasters (ROFL :lol: ) like yourself that is nothing, but get your damn facts straight.

2) IF IF IF IF IF IF your favourite word, if the kurnik guys had attended they would have won LOL no argument there genius, if you were all not around i would be the best player in the world, IF IF IF IF :D

3) MAYBE (a close second to IF) .... maybe we will attend next year..... maybe i will start showing people respect..... (here comes the best one yet ) MAYBE IF they hold the tournament in my own lounge room i MIGHT attend, i don't know.... i might wear my shoes out.... they are expensive you know....

keep doing your trash talk thing..... MAYBE one day we will pretend to believe you IF that makes you happy.

cheers
Danny
john reade

Post by john reade »

What is Ray's second name?
Danny_Alvarez

Post by Danny_Alvarez »

Chee Xiong wrote:Danny you suck and Kurnik is the big league today, why do we have to come and waste time and money to play against losers like yourself. Why won't you come online and play against us at no cost. Oh wait you did and you stink.
Besides if you really want it that bad why won't you travel to any top 20 online checker player and we'll be happy to kick your butt. If you lose you have to pay up.

Checkers is so pathetic these days. The intelligence of posters like Danny is also pathetic. Maybe I do need to quit the game if this is the trend.
Go ahead Mister big mouth, you will be sorely missed .... oh wait, you never turned up in the first place :D

Pathetic is the fact we gotta listen to your stupid drivel and feeble attempts at pseudo-logic justifying why you are so damn scared of turning up to a tournament.....
that is really pathetic little boy. I will send you the kangaroo pouch.... so that when you grow some you know where to put them and you can finally show up, till then keep talking nonsense....
Chexhero
What do you like about checkers?: It is a game of beauty when played at a high level.

Post by Chexhero »

Chee like I said, no one will be convinced until the top online players come to live tournaments and do well in masters. Any of the top masters I named can draw 2 against Alex. But finishing above him or or at least close to him in a full tourney is a different animal. And if I were you I would ignore Danny lol.
tommyc

Post by tommyc »

HE is ignoring Danny.............he dont turn up.Its warmer in the BUBBLE.
tommyc

Post by tommyc »

Naw yur wrong there Danny.............IF they had been around Ron King woda beat s+++ outa em anyways.I suppose that why the micky mouse club didnt appear on screen...........and Moiseyev too for that matter.
Bobby_Loewen
What do you like about checkers?: ive been playing this game on and off..for years and i love it..

Post by Bobby_Loewen »

this idiot chee.. shouldnt even be posting.. im one of the original online speed players.. 1/1 1/0...i personally think 5/0 isnt blitz..but whatever..my only gripe with the PA tourney was..the rounds took too long..i had plans to do other things in PA..and i didnt get to do some of them...i guess in general..maybe the rounds are too long..and thats what also pushes people away... i couldnt attend nats cause i didnt have the vacation time..im one of those internet players who proved theyre worth anything.. chee..its no secret..youre a prog..you were crap in yahoo..i dumped on you pre-prog days..and now u hide behind kurnik with your little prog..but if u showed up to a tourney..ud get spanked dude..bottomline..your trash..and youll always be trash..i never could stand this guy..a bonafide clown..

let me also add..i beat the maryland state champ in PA..i drew beckwith..and had a possible win..i split with neil wenberg..tired of clowns posting..when they know nothing..
waynegober

Post by waynegober »

Chee Xiong wrote:Maybe get into martial arts where people actually want to test themselves against the best
Will you be able to do this online?
Palomino

Post by Palomino »

waynegober wrote:
Will you be able to do this online?
Answer: Yes you can!

Earn a black belt at home!

Introducing the Distance Training martial arts home study and official ranking and certification program by Hodgyma! "...go from white to 2nd black belt in official rank."
(Wayne, I'm sure this is an online ranking list that you won't want to not be on. ) :lol:

It's says you can also become a certified master HODGYMA instructor! (That's an online instructor. I guess.)

1 minute video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVxdxG1t ... re=related

Tell the wife to get out her dusting rag and clean off a shelf for your soon to have online martial arts trophies.

Too funny to ignore..."Pal" :lol:
CHECKERS: The Mind Sport of Kings and Ordinary Men.
waynegober

Post by waynegober »

Palomino wrote:It's says you can also become a certified master HODGYMA instructor! (That's an online instructor. I guess.)
Oh Great ! Now this bunch will want free all expense paid trips to martial art contests, because they are obviously the best in the world !!! lol

Oh wait, they have jobs, lol so the Martial Arts world will just have to crown them "The World's Best"

With the future of checkers supposedly with this online "Mickey Mouse Checker Club", why in the world do they need my name associated with it? I have no business even being close to the same checker board with these World Beaters. Why oh Why do they keep watching my games and wanting to play me ect. Just take me off the list and leave me alone.