OH State and Mid-Ohio 2019

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.
Alex_Moiseyev
What do you like about checkers?: .....

OH State and Mid-Ohio 2019

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

Just copy from nccheckers.org site ...

Something new this year, since Richard Beckwith approached Crist Miller about merging the Ohio State Tournament with the popular Amish Tournament. The tournament will be held in the large building on the right side of Crist & Rosanna Miller's home at 10250 S. Kansas Road, Fredericksburg, Ohio 44627 (Scenic Valley Supply LLC) map, on Friday & Saturday, August 9th and 10th. Donation / entry fee is $30. Registration opens at 12:00 pm (noon / lunch), and we will begin at 1:00 pm the afternoon of the 9th, continuing into Saturday. This year we play 3-Move. We will play 8 total rounds of Swiss with 4 rounds Friday and 4 rounds Saturday, with play starting at 8:00 am (Sat.). Masters playing Masters will use clocks to keep rounds from exceeding 2 hours. Snacks & drinks provided, with free breakfast and lunch on Saturday. Joe LoConti will continue to back tournament up to $500 for some prizes. High finisher will be recognized as Ohio State Champion and wins a donated craft item. There is a new Sleep Inn hotel in Mt. Hope about 4 miles away https://mthopesleepinn.com/. For more information, contact Crist Miller at 330-231-5034, or Richard Beckwith at 440-516-1284 (beckwith24@msn.com).

I will be there on Friday along with OH State Champion rotated trophy. It looks like it's just about 2hrs away from my house.

AlexM
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Chexhero
What do you like about checkers?: It is a game of beauty when played at a high level.

Re: OH State and Mid-Ohio 2019

Post by Chexhero »

I will not make it this year, but will try next year. By then, I should be ready to dethrone the Russian Bear. :D
George Hay
What do you like about checkers?: Checkers is a game of pure logic.

Post by George Hay »

Chexhero wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:00 pm I will not make it this year, but will try next year. By then, I should be ready to dethrone the Russian Bear. :D
That would take Moore practice! :)
Alex_Moiseyev
What do you like about checkers?: .....

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

Chexhero wrote:to dethrone the Russian Bear.
Joe, you can't dethrone me for my title "Ohio State Champion" unless you move to Ohio, and you also can't dethrone me for title "the Russian Bear" because you are not Russian. But there are few titles I owe which you can challenge - for instance: "11 man ballot World Champion" or "Father of THREE" :)
I am playing checkers, not chess.
George Hay
What do you like about checkers?: Checkers is a game of pure logic.

Post by George Hay »

Congratulations to Mr. Alex for 1st place with 27 points in the Ohip State Championship, also congratulations to Mark Sokolovsky for 2nd place with 23 points, and to Rich Beckwith for 3rd place with 22 points.

--George Hay
JR Smith

Post by JR Smith »

A Checker Friend, JR Smith