New Scottish member

Introduce yourself to the other members of the forum. Tell us why you enjoy checkers and why you want to participate in the ACF forum.
ARD77
What do you like about checkers?: I won a competition when I was in school and have always enjoyed the game. I enjoy the tactical side to it mainly, but also like the fact that it's a game that virtually anyone can pick up and play in 5 minutes.

New Scottish member

Post by ARD77 »

Hey guys! Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum and hopefully get chatting to some members within the UK and ideally Scotland.
I've only recently came back to playing again, so I'm not a complete novice, but definitely could be doing with more game time and learning a bit more on openings. Feel free to get in touch :)
George Hay
What do you like about checkers?: Checkers is a game of pure logic.

Re: New Scottish member

Post by George Hay »

Welcome ARD77 to the ACF Forum! You'll find much checkers lore and knowledge in browsing this forum! I'm just a duffer myself, but I love to play checkers! :)

--George Hay
ARD77
What do you like about checkers?: I won a competition when I was in school and have always enjoyed the game. I enjoy the tactical side to it mainly, but also like the fact that it's a game that virtually anyone can pick up and play in 5 minutes.

Post by ARD77 »

Thanks George! Yeah I'm just picking checkers back up again after a very long time! So, basically starting from scratch again. A long road ahead I think!!
Patrick Parker
What do you like about checkers?: history of it
the players

Post by Patrick Parker »

still playing?