Any other ACForumites...?

Introduce yourself to the other members of the forum. Tell us why you enjoy checkers and why you want to participate in the ACF forum.
Jay H

Any other ACForumites...?

Post by Jay H »

No one else wants to introduce themselves................?
Aut Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam !!!
Danny_Alvarez
What do you like about checkers?: I enjoy learning more and more as i go. despite its alleged simplicity the game is incredibly complex and rewarding.

Re: Any other ACForumites...?

Post by Danny_Alvarez »

Ok Mister H i will have a go.

My name is Danny, i am 37 y.o. (and getting older everyday :) ) I live in queensland Australia, although i was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina (thats where my passion and fiery personality come from) I have a wife and 2 baby girls whom i adore. I am a real estate agent but at this stage i am trying to sell my business and hopefully start a new chapter in my life. I enjoy playing checkers and meeting others (which is frustrating since there are so few players in australia). I love talking with people, and travelling the world. I am an average player but i enjoy the history and i enjoy watching a good player do a great move.
i think that's about it folks.... oh i am a closet writer (not a great one, but one anyway) i have written 2 children's books, a police novel and a non fiction work about convicts in tasmania. (none of these have been published yet, but hope does spring eternal).

cheers
Amateur Checkerist, Professional Lover of the Game
George Hay
What do you like about checkers?: Checkers is a game of pure logic.

Post by George Hay »

Danny, what is the GFC? --George Hay
jaguar72
What do you like about checkers?: Its minimalist beauty and economy of force.

Post by jaguar72 »

Danny_Alvarez wrote:Ok Mister H i will have a go.

My name is Danny, i am 37 y.o. (and getting older everyday :) ) I live in queensland Australia, although i was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina (thats where my passion and fiery personality come from)

Argentina?

Ah, Danny, you and Juan Manuel Fangio...he had some passion, too.

One of my all-time heroes...we'll not see another like him. Ever.

V/R,

Gary Jenkins/jaguar72
il faut (d'abord) durer...
liam stephens

Post by liam stephens »

Yes Gary, I remember Fangio from Formula One.
Also Geoff Duke in Motor Cycling (Isle of Man) and Pancho Gonzales and Lew Hoad in Tennis.
Those were the days my friend ! (Mary Hopkin)
jaguar72
What do you like about checkers?: Its minimalist beauty and economy of force.

Post by jaguar72 »

liam stephens wrote:Yes Gary, I remember Fangio from Formula One.
Also Geoff Duke in Motor Cycling (Isle of Man) and Pancho Gonzales and Lew Hoad in Tennis.
And my favorite driver, Sir Stirling Moss, the best racing driver, I think, there ever was. Still with us and still amazingly fit at eighty-one years old.
Those were the days my friend ! (Mary Hopkin)
Indeed they were, Liam, indeed they were.

V/R,

Gary Jenkins/jaguar72
il faut (d'abord) durer...
Danny_Alvarez
What do you like about checkers?: I enjoy learning more and more as i go. despite its alleged simplicity the game is incredibly complex and rewarding.

Post by Danny_Alvarez »

George the GFC is akin to watching everything you know turn to salt.... that the wind and rain erode everyday... and despite your best efforts you can't stop this at all... by the time you get out of denial, you are so tired that it's hard to care anymore.
Danny_Alvarez

Post by Danny_Alvarez »

Gary and Liam I think the difference with all of our past heroes was they had a code of honour.
And to them money wasnt the most important thing. Today's athletes have the loyalty of a rabbit in heat.
In todays society loyalty, honour and just about everything else can be bought and sold to the highest bidder.
it wasn't like that in the past.

cheers
Danny Alvarez
George Hay
What do you like about checkers?: Checkers is a game of pure logic.

Post by George Hay »

Danny, the Global Financial Crisis! I wish you the best, and your fighting spirit will help you in business and checkers! --George Hay