Lets get a jersey tournament going!! details here..SERIOUS

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.
Bobby_Loewen
What do you like about checkers?: ive been playing this game on and off..for years and i love it..

Lets get a jersey tournament going!! details here..SERIOUS

Post by Bobby_Loewen »

im thinking we have a tournament in AC.. atlantic city..i can prob get us a discounted rate for checker players..at any of the lower scale hotels..which in AC..no hotel is bad..thats in the gambling area..tell me how u guys feel..i think its time new jerseys crowns its next state champion..we can rent out a conference room or banquet hall of some kind..and while you guys are here..theres other stuff to do here..i think it would be good for everyone..make a jersey state tournament/district tourney also..

what states are included?

and another question is,..how soon can we realistically get one going...myself jay h and jon trotta will join...

-thanks all..voice your opinions..input and concerns..thanks
Alex_Moiseyev
What do you like about checkers?: .....

Re: Lets get a jersey tournament going!! details here..SERIO

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

Here is a deal ... preliminary :lol:

If you collect at least 11 players - I'll try to do all my best to be there if you make it on Saturday-Sunday and find me a smoking roommate.
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Bobby_Loewen
What do you like about checkers?: ive been playing this game on and off..for years and i love it..

Post by Bobby_Loewen »

id love for you to come...well right now..we got 3..me jay and jon..possibly jason would come..would be nice..it would definitely be on a saturday/sunday..

i want to come to nationals..money stinks though..
Jay H

Post by Jay H »

Bobby_Loewen wrote:..me jay and jon..possibly jason would come..would be nice...
Tell Jason that AC is..
...."where the party at"..........

He'll be there.... :lol:

Jay "Hopefully AC bound within the next year 8) " H
Aut Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam !!!
Jason Solan
Site Admin

Post by Jason Solan »

Yeah I'm in. And if I ever do find that party Bobby I'll bring them along too. haha
Jay H

Post by Jay H »

Jason Solan wrote:Yeah I'm in. And if I ever do find that party Bobby I'll bring them along too. haha

LOL!!!

Bobby,
There is also a tournament player in Jersey named Alex Weaver who would probably attend. I have never met the man, never even corresponded with him...but, I have seen him in photos from National tourneys, and seen him post on Youtube with games and such. As I told you at Carlisle, I have also seen him post Youtube videos of himself working out on the bag.....so, I would approach him with nothing less than the utmost respect :!: :!: Don't risk a broken jaw...the dude definately knows how to follow through with a punch !!!!
Someone here must know how to get in touch with him....I don't myself.....but, if anyone can forward some help here, i.e., a home address or e-mail address....please do....

Jay "BOBBY HOOWAH!!!!!!" H
Jay H

Post by Jay H »

JohnAcker wrote:I've got Alex's info-- will direct him to this thread. Our NY players (George, Jimmy, and Francesco) may also be interested.
ImageImageImage

With this happening, and the potential of Alex Moiseyev showing up....Bobby, THIS MAY HAPPEN !!!!

:!: :!: :!:

Jay :bounce: H
Jason Solan
Site Admin

Post by Jason Solan »

As far as the states in district 2, here is the information:

District 2:
States: NJ, NY
District Manager: Jimmy O'Grady

http://www.usacheckers.com/acfdistricts.php
Alex_Moiseyev

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

Check those four gentlemans ...

1) Alan Millhone - very big chances that he join a party

2) Ed Bruch - kind of unrealistic that 96 years old outstanding grandmaster who resides in Buffalo, NY can make, but if I am not mistaken - he is District 2 acting champion (last time played in NY 2005 ?) and must be officially invited to defend his title

3) Joe Schwartz. Having an opportunity to visit Atlantic City, play in checkers event and enjoy gambling may attract him.

4) And finally piece of cake - Jolt !
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Jay H

Post by Jay H »

JohnAcker wrote:Just heard from Alex Weaver-- he can't post on the forum for some reason:
Jason Solan...
Perhaps you can help with this...??? Would be great to have Alex posting here......

Jay " trying to keep up" H
jeff webster
What do you like about checkers?: a great game

Post by jeff webster »

I met Alex Weaver at our North Carolina Tournament a couple of years ago, it was a pleasure meeting him and playing him, would definitely be good to hear his opinions on here.
Irma Sierra

Post by Irma Sierra »

Jan Bulstra lives in CT, maybe he could go to NJ too....am just thinking...
just lady.......
Chexhero
What do you like about checkers?: It is a game of beauty when played at a high level.

Post by Chexhero »

Count me in Bobby! Yes, you don't want to mess with Alex AKA Profoundmoves. I thought I heard him say he is the jersey champ. It be interesting if he shows up.
BillyBoy

Post by BillyBoy »

Yes it will, I will let him know you want to spar him. Billy
Bobby_Loewen

Post by Bobby_Loewen »

hahhaa..AC is where the party at lol...well definitely hit more places up jason..bar wise theres alot here...that was a fun night lol..i had to end it on a good note haha

im glad im getting so much positive feedback on this..this is awesome..i mean with this much feedback..we might be able to exceed pennsylvanias turnout...im so glad everyone is nice enough to help me out in this,..,this really does mean so much to me...thank you everyone.. is shooting for it to happen say around october too much? i mean i think its safe to say we can plan a date..but i gotta get on the phone phoning some hotels...

my question is..who would wanna help fund the banquet hall with me..if thats the case..cause i can chip in...but not an astronomical amount