Cracker Barrel Event - "Join Us on the Front Porch"

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.
JR Smith

Cracker Barrel Event - "Join Us on the Front Porch"

Post by JR Smith »

Cracker Barrel has a business promotion which is called "Join Us on the Front Porch" Which invites everyone to come out, have a meal at Cracker Barrel, bring your camera/phone, take a picture, and submit it.
"Join Us on the Front Porch" We hope you'll stop by to explore our front porch events, join other CB guests/patrons across the country as they form the World’s Longest Front Porch. For every photo uploaded, Cracker Barrel will donate $1 to Wounded Warrior Project, up to $35,000.

You can read their webpage http://www.crackerbarrel.com/local/front-porch/

It's really promoting business for CB but it also gets the word out they are supporting our wounded troops. In a small way it let's folks know there is a game called checkers! I think everyone should participate, enjoy a nice meal with the family, take your phone/camera, and send in a picture.

Submit your picture today to participate. Every photo counts as we raise money for our country's wounded warriors.
A Checker Friend, JR Smith
Palomino

Re: Cracker Barrel Event - "Join Us on the Front Porch"

Post by Palomino »

Now tell me these folks wouldn't want to join the ACF.

Last edited by Palomino on Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
CHECKERS: The Mind Sport of Kings and Ordinary Men.
Danny_Alvarez
What do you like about checkers?: I enjoy learning more and more as i go. despite its alleged simplicity the game is incredibly complex and rewarding.

Post by Danny_Alvarez »

I like how they are making checkers FUN :)

cheers
Danny
Amateur Checkerist, Professional Lover of the Game
Alex_Moiseyev
What do you like about checkers?: .....

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

JR Smith wrote:Cracker Barrel has a business promotion which is called "Join Us on the Front Porch" Which invites everyone to come out, have a meal at Cracker Barrel, bring your camera/phone, take a picture, and submit it.
"Join Us on the Front Porch" We hope you'll stop by to explore our front porch events, join other CB guests/patrons across the country as they form the World’s Longest Front Porch. For every photo uploaded, Cracker Barrel will donate $1 to Wounded Warrior Project, up to $35,000.

You can read their webpage http://www.crackerbarrel.com/local/front-porch/

It's really promoting business for CB but it also gets the word out they are supporting our wounded troops. In a small way it let's folks know there is a game called checkers! I think everyone should participate, enjoy a nice meal with the family, take your phone/camera, and send in a picture.

Submit your picture today to participate. Every photo counts as we raise money for our country's wounded warriors.
Good one, JR. many thanks for sharing it with us.

Pat, picture are awesome, enjoyed.
I am playing checkers, not chess.
tommyc

Post by tommyc »

Good man JR.....................THATS WHAT I CALL PROMOTING DRAUGHTS. A picture tells a 1000 words.""
Always read "Cannings Compilation 2nd Edition" every day.
dustinbelcher
What do you like about checkers?: Always enjoyed the game and the challenge it brings. Just you and your opponent battling your minds. Also, it's just a friendly game that people can just sit and have fun playing while communicating with each other.

Post by dustinbelcher »

I think the ACF should try to get some sort of partnership with Cracker Barrel anyways. Would definitely help promote checkers and also bring in more youth players to help the future of the game.
Danny_Alvarez
What do you like about checkers?: I enjoy learning more and more as i go. despite its alleged simplicity the game is incredibly complex and rewarding.

Post by Danny_Alvarez »

dustinbelcher wrote:I think the ACF should try to get some sort of partnership with Cracker Barrel anyways. Would definitely help promote checkers and also bring in more youth players to help the future of the game.
It is good to hear John + ACF Exec are pursuing this avenue.... I agree with Dustin.... whether or not it bears fruit the efforts are highly appreciated and we need more of this.
Please keep us updated John.

cheers,
Danny
Amateur Checkerist, Professional Lover of the Game