"Checkers Today and Tomorrow"

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.
Alex_Moiseyev
What do you like about checkers?: .....

Re: "Checkers Today and Tomorrow"

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

"These self appointed critics seem to have preconceived ideas that govern every aspect of other peoples lives." Tommy I think I have made it pretty clear in my recently postings that I have no intention of conforming to other peoples stereotypes as to who I am and how I should conduct myself. Since you are so interested in others conduct then why don't you put forth yourself as a role model to being Mr. Perfect? Respectfully, Alex Moiseyev
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Bernard Coll

Post by Bernard Coll »

Alex, I am really rather interested in the greatly improved use of the English language in your most recent posts. Spelling, presentation, grammar and punctuations etc. I congratulate you on this remarkable achievement, of course whilst simultaneously preparing for your forthcoming WCM. Congratulations. Bernard.
william

Post by william »

I have met Alex on a few occassions. As stated by someone on this thread earlier, i too have recollections of a humerous , and down to earth soul :lol: :roll: :D ready to give a helping hand to the beginners in this game.

I wanted to stay silent here, and did not want to take sides on this " discussion". Alex is a big boy and can fend for himself I am sure :bounce:

I feel however that time has come to say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!

Tommy canning get off this guys back OK.!!! OR... if you want to contribute in some way then please do it in an adult manner , and preferably in a sober state :D

OK , no one is perfect NO ONE !!! END OF THREAD, :twisted: and now please start posting some games or positions this is what the public want.

I will be in Dublin from the 18th of september if need for further discussion is necessary

MOST RESPECTFULLY TO ALL

William
Danny_Alvarez
What do you like about checkers?: I enjoy learning more and more as i go. despite its alleged simplicity the game is incredibly complex and rewarding.

Post by Danny_Alvarez »

Alex_Moiseyev wrote: I think I have made it pretty clear in my recently postings that I have no intention of conforming to other peoples stereotypes as to who I am and how I should conduct myself.
This is not about conforming .... or stereotypes of champions .... or keeping people happy....
It is like Tommy said this is about
RESPECT
to show consideration for; treat courteously

CONTRADICTION
a statement or proposition that denies another or itself and is logically incongruous.

HYPOCRISY
the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behaviour

We do not expect you to keep us happy Mister Moiseyev, each one of us is responsible for his/her own happiness.
What we expect is for you to respect others, to contradict yourself a little less with both your statements and actions, which in the end is a clear sign
of hypocritical behaviour.
You can be you all you like, you still have to show a sliver of respect for others... it is called S-O-C-I-E-T-Y...
and it is one of the norms on which western culture is based.

Cheers
Danny Alvarez
Danny_Alvarez
What do you like about checkers?: I enjoy learning more and more as i go. despite its alleged simplicity the game is incredibly complex and rewarding.

Post by Danny_Alvarez »

william wrote:
I wanted to stay silent here, and did not want to take sides on this " discussion". Alex is a big boy and can fend for himself I am sure :bounce:

I feel however that time has come to say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!

MOST RESPECTFULLY TO ALL

William
William I agree .... but you see, any time some kind of normalcy returns , he feels the need (for example) to start a thread like this or to do his usual circus show.

I too feel that enough is enough.
cheers
Danny
Amateur Checkerist, Professional Lover of the Game
Bernard Coll

Post by Bernard Coll »

William, Just keep the heid man! As you say, Alex is a BIG boy, and well able to defend himself! Do you really believe Alex is actually replying to these posts while preparing for a hard WCM match? i have my doubts.Regards, Bernard.
Alex_Moiseyev

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

Dear Bernard, Thank you very much for your most kind and thoughtful words. Please know that they are greatly appreciated. Some have told me to bring along my rabbits foot, but unfortunately rabbits are not allowed in the game room even though they make better moves and jumps than I do. Respectfully, Alex Moiseyev
n1ck
What do you like about checkers?: Freestyle Checkers - GAYP

Post by n1ck »

1. 11-15, 23-19
2. 8-11. 22-17
3. 3-8, 25-22 (The Alma)
4. 11-16, 22-18?

Does white have at least 1 draw line?
kiwinurse

Post by kiwinurse »

From Mr Alex's writings here,and the clear differences in his writings elsewhere, it does show that he has someone writing for him.And on the eve of his match why would he even bother to visit the forum let alone write on it?.Bernard is right.
The other point is that Ive met Alex in Ireland also,and even helped him pick out a doll for one of his children,and we had no problems.But im sure William if Alex wants you for a friend,he will be very charming,as we all can be.But he presents another face here, one of total disrespect,bullying,and deceitfulness.
And the fact that he makes no apology for any of it shows me the immorality of the man.To me also its a disgrace that a world champion can carry on this way,and he can do so freely under the blessings of the ACF without sanction.
n1ck

Post by n1ck »

Are you all accepting defeat, I am waiting for my draw variation, are you checker players or gossip girls

11-15, 23-19

8-11, 22-17

3-8, 25-22

11-16, 22-18?

I have won with this from white against master level players in friendly games, however I do believe it is a losing line. But there must be a draw hidden in there somewhere
Chexhero
What do you like about checkers?: It is a game of beauty when played at a high level.

Post by Chexhero »

Nick, I think its a loss. Kingsrow finds a clear win after about 30 some more moves, but a very complicated win. There may be a draw, but I couldn't find it. Where exactly do you get your wins? I don't see how this line tricks tricks red at all.
After 22-18:
15-22 to keep the big advantage
17-13- critical move for white
16-23
27-18
8-11
26-17
and red has a huge advantage
I suppose at this point white does have some pressure against red. Red may still have to play carefully.
Interesting line!
Alex_Moiseyev

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

WELL JAN I GUESS THAT I SHOULD CONSIDER MYSELF VERY LUCKY AND FORTUNATE IN NOT BEING ONE OF YOUR PATIENTS IN THE HOSPITAL. AND IT WOULD SEEM THAT YOU ARE DOING THE VERY SAME THINGS TO ME THAT YOU ARE ACCUSING ME OF DOING. PERHAPS THAT OLD SAYING IS TRUE----"THAT WHAT IS GOOD FOR THE GOOSE IS GOOD FOR THE GANDER. "These self appointed critics seem to have preconceived ideas that govern every aspect of other peoples lives." RESPECTFULLY, ALEX MOISEYEV
Danny_Alvarez

Post by Danny_Alvarez »

Let me guess ... This person alleging to be Alex will swear and insult everyone and then Alex will claim his account got hacked.

Geeez we haven't seen that before.!!!

There's a name for individuals that say things from hiding without showing their face. I saw lots of them in London this week hiding behind balaclavas... Others hide behind pseudonims or use others accounts.
Let's hope the ACF takes control of things and don't allow someone access to Mr Moiseyevs account for a couple of weeks.

Cheers
Danny
Amateur Checkerist, Professional Lover of the Game
Alex_Moiseyev

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

"These self appointed critics seem to have preconceived ideas that govern every aspect of other peoples lives." Don't worry Danny--I am in control of my own affairs. And if you reread all of the posts above you will find that it is you and your friends who are pouring out the insults: not me. Enjoy your fun--I have better things to do with my time!! Respectfully, Alex Moiseyev
Last edited by Alex_Moiseyev on Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
n1ck

Post by n1ck »

Alex, what line did I tie you with at GAYP Nationals?