Website Update

Discuss in an open and civilized format possible marketing and promotion ideas for Checkers or specifically the ACF
Palomino

Re: Website Update

Post by Palomino »

Get "Gramps" involved in your life!
The ACF can be your go to resource for helping bridge the generation gap.

Last edited by Palomino on Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
CHECKERS: The Mind Sport of Kings and Ordinary Men.
George Hay
What do you like about checkers?: Checkers is a game of pure logic.

Post by George Hay »

Pal, those sculptures are great! All they need is a like button! Who is the artist, and where are the sculptures?
Whoever the artist is, it is a very insightful choice of subject!
--George Hay
dustinbelcher
What do you like about checkers?: Always enjoyed the game and the challenge it brings. Just you and your opponent battling your minds. Also, it's just a friendly game that people can just sit and have fun playing while communicating with each other.

Post by dustinbelcher »

I agree with Wayne on his earlier post. Something that notices the state champions and district champions will be a neat feature to add for the website. Great idea.
tommyc

Post by tommyc »

Great pics there PAL.............Danny will be pleased.
Always read "Cannings Compilation 2nd Edition" every day.
Danny_Alvarez
What do you like about checkers?: I enjoy learning more and more as i go. despite its alleged simplicity the game is incredibly complex and rewarding.

Post by Danny_Alvarez »

great idea Pal...

bridging the generation gap...

i also love the pictures ...
i think if we all put our heads together we could do suggest something great and powerful that would attract others to our game

cheers
Danny
Amateur Checkerist, Professional Lover of the Game
Bill Salot

Post by Bill Salot »

I know a grandfather who can't make head or tail of computer talk. Would somebody please explain to the old coot what a "splash page" is?

What I see on the cover page is a pair of diagrams superimposed on news items, and I can't seem to move them out of the way.

I can't make the smilies work either.

Bill Salot
Jason Solan
Site Admin

Post by Jason Solan »

There was an issue on the main page for computers with low resolution, the right side of the screen would "bleed" into the center.

I've since adjusted it to not show the right column if the resolution is too low. Not sure about the smilies though...

John got the basic idea of splash page. It's essentially an "extra" page before getting to the "meat and potatoes". There are numerous reasons to do it, choosing a location or language being the most useful. It can also be used to draw attention to something new or alert frequent users of changes.

Danny's idea was to do something similar to draw in new interest. Rather than jumping straight into news and information, remind people why they enjoy checkers with an emotion evoking image (btw, I like the picture of Kim with her students as a potential image....)
Bill Salot

Post by Bill Salot »

Thanks, boys, for the explanations of the "splash page". I'll explain it all to my unsophisticated grandparent friend.

By the way, my mainpage just cleared up.

Bill Salot