ACF National 2012 in Lebanon in August, .

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.
Alex_Moiseyev
What do you like about checkers?: .....

ACF National 2012 in Lebanon in August, .

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

Today I find out an official announcement regarding dates and location of USA 3-moves National. Frank Davis accomplished his promise which we discussed during AL State Tourney in Novemer. This year after long delay we'll play in Lebanon - the South area where many checkers players reside.

Good luck to Mary and Frank in their journey. Handling more than 100 players in 3 Divisions is a great challenge. It will be a great memory to Gene Lindsay and his fund.

I will be very surprise if this we collect less than 100 players. Checkers are growing and I hope my dream to see 100 players in national will become a reality.

Hopefully we should have announcement in ACFB starting February.

Respectfully

Alex Moiseyev
your champ
I am playing checkers, not chess.
dustinbelcher
What do you like about checkers?: Always enjoyed the game and the challenge it brings. Just you and your opponent battling your minds. Also, it's just a friendly game that people can just sit and have fun playing while communicating with each other.

Re: ACF National 2012 in Lebanon in August, .

Post by dustinbelcher »

This is great news! Living in East Tennessee, it's an easy drive over to Lebanon. I think last year at the Tennessee tournament, we had around 50 players so it will be a challenge to attract 100 players at the National. I've never played in the National so this year will be my first. I'm really excited and I will do as much as I can trying to attract more players to this year's National tournament. Would also like to hope that we can get some of the Kurnik players to attend. Can't wait!!!
tommyc

Post by tommyc »

There was 100 plus for the 2001 American Open in Vegas and if memory serves me right the were alot of the guys/gals who are now"Kurnik" players most were very young then,can we encourage them back again .Ihope so, it would be goood to see 100plus in Lebanon.
Always read "Cannings Compilation 2nd Edition" every day.
Alex_Moiseyev

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

If we want to promote checkers to the highest level and attract new members - here is a great chance and opportunity. We can create a separate National-2012 "event page" with photos, announcements, city and schedule information etc.

In order to track, process and display results and progress, we also can use the torunament software which organisers had in San Remo.

:idea:
Danny_Alvarez
What do you like about checkers?: I enjoy learning more and more as i go. despite its alleged simplicity the game is incredibly complex and rewarding.

Post by Danny_Alvarez »

Alex_Moiseyev wrote:If we want to promote checkers to the highest level and attract new members - here is a great chance and opportunity. We can create a separate National-2012 "event page" with photos, announcements, city and schedule information etc.

In order to track, process and display results and progress, we also can use the torunament software which organisers had in San Remo.

:idea:
I agree that the software they used was fantastic and this is a very good idea.... but if resources are sufficient live streaming would be cool and attractive... or video taping and later adding to an ACF youtube channel...

cheers
Danny Alvarez
Amateur Checkerist, Professional Lover of the Game
Danny_Alvarez
What do you like about checkers?: I enjoy learning more and more as i go. despite its alleged simplicity the game is incredibly complex and rewarding.

Post by Danny_Alvarez »

Chexhero
What do you like about checkers?: It is a game of beauty when played at a high level.

Post by Chexhero »

This is really great news. Could not be in a better location. I will definitely be there. I still think 100 will be really hard to get, but it is possible if we advertise this hard. People need to step up. For those of you on kurnik and other checker sites, talk to the players and let them know about this. For those in the Tennessee area, talk to people you know and post some flyers. For the first time since I have joined ACF, I am actually starting to sense some life.
Danny_Alvarez

Post by Danny_Alvarez »

Impossible is nothing :) maybe adidas can make some gloves we could use and they would be our sponsors.... kangaroo hide gloves (like the soccer boots) .... ok i will stop dreaming now.... 100 in tennessee is doable Joe :)
Alex_Moiseyev

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

Chexhero wrote:I still think 100 will be really hard to get, but it is possible if we advertise this hard.
True. I just realized that playing 3 days over the weekend is not the same as playing the whole week. And even if we collect more than 50 players in TN State tourney, it will be still very challenging to see all of them in National.

However, if we wortk hard and get 80-90, it will be still a big win. But our goal must be 100 !

I think I will play this year in TN, IL and NC before National and I wlll do all my best to encourage players to come to Lebanon in August. In addition I plan to send my article to Jim Loy for publication in ACFB regarding National invitation.

And ... yes, indeed having well developed event page may greatly help to get more online players.

Maybe we can try to put announcement on gaming sites if owners agree ? In this case ACF website could have an official links to these sites as part of deal.

Alex
john reade

Post by john reade »

Alex, You didn't give us the dates! John.
Alex_Moiseyev

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

john reade wrote:Alex, You didn't give us the dates! John.
It's here http://www.usacheckers.com/tournamentannouncements.php

July 30-August 4.