My kids and the game of checkers

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.
kim willis

My kids and the game of checkers

Post by kim willis »

hello everyone,
I want to thank Jr for posting the pictures of one group of my kids. For I have a dozen who are in this one class who wants to attend the Nationals this year in Tenn. So I am working hard to help these kids be prepared for their first tournament. We have started to learn 3-move openings and they are excited. I am also working on getting transportation and fund raisers so these kids can come and enjoy this time.

This is my dream to see my kids play with us.

Kim
Jason Solan
Site Admin

Re: My kids and the game of checkers

Post by Jason Solan »

Thats fantastic Kim!

I hope everything works out and all the kids that want to are able to go. You are doing a fantastic job.
Alex_Moiseyev
What do you like about checkers?: .....

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

Yesterday I spoke with Kim over the phone and she proudly informed me, that bus trip to Lebanon had been approved and scheduled. If I understand her correctly - there will be 12 kids + parents and gurdians, who is coming to attend ACF Youth National on Friday-Sunday. Per my agreement with Kim I also will be there on Saturday to meet with kids and join party.

Kim asked me if I can post here on her behalth and ask - if someone has extra books they can share with kids. In particular she was interested:

- "The Tinslay Way"
- Gould Problems Book
- Heffner Problem Book
- Any Boland Books.

This woulkd greatly help kids to improve and being better prepared for competition in Lebanon.

I don't have an exact Kim mail address at the moment and will post it later.

Respectfully,

Alex Moiseyev
I am playing checkers, not chess.
kkelly
What do you like about checkers?: Stratagy

Post by kkelly »

Kim,
Can you email me @ k_kelly@bellsouth dot net
I have a few books to donate to your kids.
Ken