3-moves WCM 2013.

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.
Alex_Moiseyev
What do you like about checkers?: .....

Re: 3-moves WCM 2013.

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

Joe, this issue is still on table and we are waiting for Michelle review and approval/disapproval/adjustments.

I am OK with either 10 secs, 15, secs, 30 secs etc increment. Total game time (60 mins, 66, 72 etc) is not an issue. An issue is to guarantee (very much haha) that flag world never fail. If someone runs out of time (1 hr), he can till continue the game on increment time and make all moves.
I am playing checkers, not chess.
George Hay
What do you like about checkers?: Checkers is a game of pure logic.

Post by George Hay »

...and record all moves when they are made? :)
--George Hay
Alex_Moiseyev

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

Last news - Michelle accepted 30 secs increment and we've got agreement on match schedule - 1st/last/break days.

I also learned how to write the word "Ciao"

Contract is coming.

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

JohnAcker wrote:What's the schedule going to be?
3-4-3 starting Tuesday June 25 and ending Saturday July 6. Two breaks on Friday June 28 and Wednesday July 3.

AM
Alex_Moiseyev

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

Tickets prices for airfare Columbus-Pisa are in range $1,900-$2,100. We are at the final and easy stage :D of negotiations now - who and how will pay for my tickets ?

Historical tradition with 3-moves World Title matches so far was - all champion expenses are covered. I really hope we are not going to set a new tradition :D

I'll keep you inform with late updates of this saga.

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

John, see email ...

Alex
Ingo_Zachos

Post by Ingo_Zachos »

The Draughts 100 World Championship Match (Men) has just begun.

They play a regular game , and if that is drawn a rapid game, if that is drawn a blitz game and if that is drawn a lehmann-blitz game (the clock starts with the time of the last drawn game). So a session can include more then one game, and we will definately see some blood at the end of the day.

Could that formet be applicable to our style as well? What do you think?

Greetinx from couldy and rainy Dortmund,

Ingo Zachos
You can rent this space for advertising, if you like!
rich beckwith

Post by rich beckwith »

I don't know what the others think for regular tournaments, but Lubabalo and Michele Borghetti did something like this in their medal playoff in Beijing, and the session was most interesting to watch. I wouldn't mind seeing more of it, perhaps in a future SportAccord event where our game is on display.
Richard Beckwith
ACF Treasurer / WCDF President
Alex_Moiseyev

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

As far as I know - one and main reason they adopted this system (and many other similar systems in the past) - 10x10 is struggling with "draw death" problems for years. They do experiments with different systems and even game rules trying to raise chances of bloody games. I don't think Anglo-American Checkers are in the same position. Last GAYP World Title match generated 4 wins + 2 missing - 25% bloody games. 3-moves match had 13 bloody games + 3 missing - 40% bloody games !

In 10x10 they change system every match but it doesn't work well, most (sometimes - all) games among strong players with classic time control, finish with draw.

I don't think even GAYP needs this change.

BTW. This system is seriously criticized among many serious 10x10 players and I don't think they will use it in next match. This is 90% commercial match which is scheduled 3 weeks prior World Championship Tournament in Ufa http://fmjd.org/downloads/news/711-2.pdf This is another explanation why this system was adopted and why they run world championship match so fast - in few days.

They also have miserable prize in this match - 10,000 EURO and didn't get much interest and publicity in Netherland and Russian media.

In this particular situation there is nothing we can learn from them (10x10), but they can learn something from us regarding world title matches and title - stability and respect.
Alex_Moiseyev

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

Two days ago I bought tickets to Italy and will arrive to Pisa airport on Saturday June 22, 7:00 AM.
I am leaving back home on Monday, June 8 in the morning.

Ticket prices are going up and up for years. It is now a little bit less than $2,000.00 round ticket from
Columbus to Italy ... unbelievable ! We are living in crazy time.

Regards,

AM
Ingo_Zachos

Post by Ingo_Zachos »

Alex,

you may travel supersonic, as it seems you leave 14 days before you arrive :-)

Good news; fianlly spring was spotted all over Europe. It had been missed for ages...

Time for excting games and a close call.

Have you ever been to Italy before?

Greetinx from sunny old Europe,

Ingo Zachos

PS:
From Columbus to Italy? Sounds like a historic trip. I guess Columbus needed more then 2000 Dollars...
You can rent this space for advertising, if you like!
Alex_Moiseyev

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

Ingo_Zachos wrote:Have you ever been to Italy before?
No. Everything happened 1st time once. In other hands - I've been in many cities and countries to play checkers and all of them look alike - triangle between playing room, hotel and restaurant :D :D :D
Ingo_Zachos wrote:From Columbus to Italy? Sounds like a historic trip. I guess Columbus needed more then 2000 Dollars...
But he had wrong assumption that he goes to India ! :D

However, Miki is not a virgin for me anymore, so I don't really need to explore new things :D

BTW. Columbus had a business trip, and price of business ticket to Pisa today is around $5,500 and 1st class - $8,000 !!! When some day I want to cancel match, I should probably require to buy 1st class tickets for me and my companion :idea:
Alex_Moiseyev

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

I hope it won't be a big secret to post preliminary (not everyone signed yet) text of contract.

Actual amount of cash prize fund will be higher. The sum in contract indicates only guarantee minimum. We need a little bit more money if we pretend to say that we can compete with chess :D

Organizers gave me terrace attached to playing room, where I can smoke. Due to increment 30 seconds for each move, the total playing time will be increase and some days we may play 12-15 hours or more. Checkers is certainly extreme sport !!!
Alex_Moiseyev

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

John, my Russian friends and fans are asking - what is match site where they can see the progress, crosstable, games, videos, news etc ?
Alex_Moiseyev

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

Italy gets ready