3-moves WCM 2013.

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.
Alex_Moiseyev
What do you like about checkers?: .....

Re: 3-moves WCM 2013.

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

Hotel La Vedetta in Livorno

http://www.booking.com/hotel/it/la-vedetta.en.html

From viewers: not an excellent clean, but nice views and friendly stuff. Good choice of meal in the evening, breakfast is good for diet lovers :D
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Michael Holmes

Post by Michael Holmes »

Reading the preliminary contract it is not clear if there will be €1,000 EACH for Alex And John or €1,000 total for them for airfare.
Alex_Moiseyev

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

It is very complicated financial deal which I don't understand very well. There were a lot of emails circulated back and forward since February, which included in complex math formula various components which needed to be added or subtracted with slightly different conditions. Tickets variable prices and small ongoing contributions and donations added to mess.

I still don't know 100% if ALL my expenses will be covered outside of cash prize and what this cash prize will be. It says in contract minimum guarantee 3,500 EURO however this can be reduce if we have to pay extra money for tickets to cover everything.

Anyway, it seems like this is "Italian business as usual" :D and I don't have much objections. We didn't discuss yet my menu and I suspect that extra two eggs for my breakfast may become a serious problem which can ruin match budget ! It was written somewhere that food expenses for players and referee are part of hotel arrangement which more likely means - we are on very tie limited budget. I hope water and coffee will be available during games.

Interesting life experience though ... :D :D :D Beautiful scenic view from hotel can be a good compensation for all financial mess.

Hotel has big conference Business Center room where I think we should play. Organizers promised us that air conditioning will be there.

All for now.

Stay on for future news.

Regards,

Mr. Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

JohnAcker wrote:The Moiseyev-Borghetti scoresheet is here: http://bit.ly/12VTuiA. I'll start updating it once play starts on Tuesday.
John, ple-e-e-ease, add here one more column: TIME which each player spent during the game. This is important and crucial information for history and analyses.
George Hay
What do you like about checkers?: Checkers is a game of pure logic.

Post by George Hay »

Mr. Alex, good luck in defending your world championship!
I'm sure you will feel at home in Livorno, Italy, a town rich in draughts history!
--George Hay
Alex_Moiseyev

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

From John laptop ...

Me and John successfully arrive to hotel and started recovery. I was sleeping most part of the day. John came here in the evening and we visited Yougurt company - one of the Major sponsors of event.

Gentleman on the left - Michelle father. Guy between me and Michelle - owner of Yougurt company. Girls - employees of Yougurt company. Rest - John Acker
Alex_Moiseyev

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

Michael Holmes

Post by Michael Holmes »

Great job Alex.
Chexhero
What do you like about checkers?: It is a game of beauty when played at a high level.

Post by Chexhero »

Miki better hope Alex doesn't smile too much.
Eric Strange
What do you like about checkers?: What's not to like?

Post by Eric Strange »

Great match so far, I am loving the fact that the games are aggressive and resulting in a lot of wins and losses.
Chexhero
What do you like about checkers?: It is a game of beauty when played at a high level.

Post by Chexhero »

Game 5 and 6 were both very interesting and deep. Miki made it complicated in game 5 and seemed to thoroughly dominate the game. Game 6 it looks like Alex may have missed a win, but it was extremely complicated to see. The move he made to draw seemed like the move to win, but wasn't the case. Games 7 and 8 were a little more drawish, but both well played by both players. I am really liking the game animation feature! Looks like it will be another close match.
adamjohnson
What do you like about checkers?: The Patterns.

Post by adamjohnson »

Not watching the games as its boring, still think games should be somewhat quicker to attract more people especially future players. But as I've said before Borg has better crossboard Alex knows more lines. So it will be very close i still think Borg will edge it.
Dennis Pawlek
What do you like about checkers?: A great game which never ends to amaze.

Post by Dennis Pawlek »

Looks like the match could end in a cliffhanger. The matches between the both are quite close as both are well gifted players each in his own way.
Just the all of us together can improve checkers!
Alex_Moiseyev

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

After 12 games Miki leads 2-1. Match is going to be more funny than I thought. :D

AM
Eric Strange
What do you like about checkers?: What's not to like?

Post by Eric Strange »

When is the last time you have been behind in a WCM Alex? I am very excited to see what you have up your sleeve to get some games back!