CheckerBoard 1.76, Cake 1.89f, KingsRow 1.19d

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.
fierz
What do you like about checkers?: Programming checkers!

CheckerBoard 1.76, Cake 1.89f, KingsRow 1.19d

Post by fierz »

Ed Gilbert and I have both published new versions of our checkers engines, KingsRow (1.19d) and Cake (1.89f). In addition, Ed has updated CheckerBoard (1.76) to keep track of game history better so that the evaluation of the engines is more accurate in analysis mode if a repetition is possible.

You can get the latest version of CheckerBoard (including Cake 1.89f, and its all-new opening book), as well as the latest version of KingsRow, on Ed Gilbert's website: http://edgilbert.org/EnglishCheckers/Ki ... nglish.htm

You can get Cake 1.89f alone on my website http://www.fierz.ch/checkers.htm (not necessary if you install the latest CheckerBoard, it is included there).

The machine-learned engines are a quantum leap compared to our older handtuned engines. In a recent test, I had to give Cake Sans Souci 10s per move so that it was equally strong as Cake 1.89f at 0.1s/move, a 100x time handicap!
Alex_Moiseyev
What do you like about checkers?: .....

Re: CheckerBoard 1.76, Cake 1.89f, KingsRow 1.19d

Post by Alex_Moiseyev »

Martin, Very interesting and intriguing, thanks for update !

I will load new version of everything after my match with Sergio - don't want to touch anything for now :D , maybe less than several weeks prior match.

I want to thanks both of you guys for everything you are doing for checkers, this is very important for game and for players.

Respectfully,

ALM
I am playing checkers, not chess.
fierz
What do you like about checkers?: Programming checkers!

Post by fierz »

Thank you for your kind words Alex - and good luck in your upcoming match!

best regards
Martin
Chexhero
What do you like about checkers?: It is a game of beauty when played at a high level.

Post by Chexhero »

Hello Martin,

I installed checkerboard 1.76, but then when I open checkerboard on my desktop it still says it is the 1.75f version. Would the 1.76 version be saved elsewhere after it gets installed? I was able to get both new versions of Cake and Kingsrow though. It is just the new version of checkerboard I seem to be having a problem with. I used the 64-bit link from Ed's website, which was updated 6/21/21.

Thanks,

Joe
Ed Gilbert
What do you like about checkers?: shots

Post by Ed Gilbert »

Joe, it looks like I made a mistake when I created the CB installer. I forgot to move the new CB executables into the directory where the installer picks them up before running it. I have now fixed the CB install files and uploaded them to the kingsrow web site (and then actually downloaded them to verify that they install the correct version). Thanks for pointing out the error, and sorry for the confusion.

-- Ed
Chexhero
What do you like about checkers?: It is a game of beauty when played at a high level.

Post by Chexhero »

Thank you Ed. I tried downloading it again and this time I am getting the 1.76 version. Thanks to the both of you for your great work and effort!